Monday, March 10, 2008

South By So What and so forth and so on

Spring Break is coming, so that means millions of music geeks, freaks, elitist pricks, and others in 'the know' will unite from all over the world in Austin, TEJAS for SOUTH BY SOUTH WEST... I cannnnnot stand City Worship... But SXSW is certainly a kick butt event... Are you going? If you are... send me some great photos and I'll post them here!

I am not attending, but if I were I'd check out:

OLD TIME RELIJUN
BLACK MOTH SUPER RAINBOW
HEARTS OF ANIMALS (houston)
OCTOPUS PROJECT
PATTERN IS MOVEMENT

But most importantly:

AIRLINE: A GARY NUMAN TRIBUTE BAND!

Why the fuck can't they get the real Gary Numan there? I have no clue... But even his old skool songs are better than most new material being made by today's bands(i'm talking pre-goth '90s - 2000s Numan).

Here he is in all his glory circa Living Ornaments tour of 1980 (i believe):



Some people consider him a one hit wonder... Pshshhhh... try Four Hit Album Genius. From The Tubeway Army (1978), Replicas (79), the brilliant Pleasure Principle (79), and Telekon (80) he paved the way for alot of contemporary synth pop, electronica, dance, and industrial rock. He partly made me who I am today.... one slick mother fu...

Oh yeah, for more SXSW news visit: http://sxsw.com/

but check out this sweet Numan video:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

screw you, i'm going to NYC then getting some work done. though i here octopus project is pretty kickin.