Tuesday, September 4, 2007

DIY Art Spaces + LOLCODE




Los Angeles curator and artist Mark Allen will be at the University of Houston Art Department this Thursday September 6th for two projects designed to break Houston out of typical gallery patterns and introduce computer language LOLCODE to local artists.

1:00 - 2:00 pm
DIY Art Spaces Lecture
Rm. 110
"Mark Allen's projects as 'case studies' and a practical guide to everything
involved in creating, promoting and sustaining" an alternative art space.


2:30 - 5:30 pm
Workshop: LOLCODE
Rm. 204A
Second Floor of the Art Building, above where the Blaffer Gallery is located

"a code-syntax based on the grammatical fantasies and malapropism of adorable cats!
Bring your laptop to follow along with the programming exercises."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm interested in this, do you know anything else about it? is it free and open to the public?

adamgoldmangothiscatpregnant said...

The DIY art space talk is free and open to the public. Not sure about the LOLcode

Julia said...

I really really loved Mark Allen's lecture last time he came to UH, I am really excited to go to this one.

HEY!! WE ARE BOTH ART BLOGGERS! Youre the guy in my class right? (if you aren't please ignore this)
Your art blog is much more helpful to other people, while my own is basically me talking about myself, but i am still excited that we share a somewhat similar hobby.

juliaintherye.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

yeah, this should be fun... I hope I can make it