Thursday, February 14, 2008

Buffa-LOVE Sean

A short story in seven emails. Happy Valentine's Day.



From: A.
Date: Feb 12, 2008 10:11 PM (EST)


Dude, I had no idea Robyn was single. I've been a fan of her work, then I find out she's a Stern Fan and SINGLE! Hook me up I'm 39, Respectful nice looking and would treat her like a lady. A.
631 X0X X5X0






On Feb 13, 2008, at 10:13 AM (CST), B.S. wrote:

go fuck yourself long island cocksucker- who the fuck are you?






From: A.
Date: Feb 13, 2008 7:51 AM (EST)


Wow, where did that come from? I'm a professional man who admired Robyn's work then heard her on Stern and want to correspond with her. I thought perhaps you could pass my message to her.
Regards,
A.





From: buffalo sean
Date: Feb 13, 2008 6:14 AM (CST)


sometimes i email before i have coffee- it sounded very howard stern drooly of you to come on so forceful. i do not believe Robyn is single. i do apologize for losing my coffeepot. i will pass on your message, but consider writing another first.

sean






From: A.
Date: Feb 12, 2008 8:11 AM (EST)


Thanks Sean,
I realize this is a stretch but I'm an assertive person and I found that in life you have to take chances. When I look at some of Robyn's paintings I relate. Sometimes it brings me back to childhood, sometimes I identify with the mood. The reason I'm reaching out is I'm at a stage in my life where I'm enjoying the finer things life has to offer. There was something about Robyn. It would be nice to email or talk that's all. Anyway, I don't want to bore you it's 9:30 NY time and I'm finished with my coffee. :) Thanks for emailing me back. You page is fun to navigate. You seem like a cool dude.
regards,
A.






On Feb 13, 2008, at 10:13 AM, Sean Carroll wrote:

Hello Robyn, this guy created a myspace to try and talk to me- to talk to you.

Whatever his motivations are I don't really care- at least there's a compliment in there.

Sean






On Feb 13, 2008, at 10:13 AM, Robyn O'Neil wrote:

Jesus, looking at that first message from this guy....he was straight up trying to use you as a dating service! Buffa-LOVE Sean?

And all in time for Valentine's Day.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear sean,
i like long walks on the beach and the tall and handsome type. i enjoy the occasional art opening and am not adverse to experimentation. please forward my info to anyone you might see fit.

you really should start up a matchmaking service - your tagline can be "No B.S. - Just B.J.'s!!"