Friday, May 9, 2008

Blaffer Gallery Group Show



Opening: May 9 (6-8 PM)
Exhibit: May 10 – August 2, 2008

So I'll be honest, I'm a bit disappointed that my new work wasn't selected to be a part of this show but it's all good because that's why I organized my own exhibit to show the works. Hope you were there to see it a couple weeks ago. If not, you can see some pics here: Ghost of a Facade

Anyway, I'm still interested in seeing the work of those who made it in because I admire some of these people and I'm sure they will impress.

"The 2008 Houston Area Exhibition, selected by Blaffer Gallery curator Claudia Schmuckli, not only introduces artists who are young or new to the Houston community, but it also offers more seasoned artists the opportunity to develop new work and to be seen in a fresh light. The issues put forth in the works in the exhibition vary, but what connects all of the artists is an active engagement with ideas and concerns that define life in this particular contemporary moment – be it as an individual, a society, or a nation. Held every four years, the Houston Area Exhibition takes the pulse of contemporary art made in Houston to offer a snapshot of what matters to artists in the here and now." - Blaffer

0 comments: