2010 Exhibition Call for Artist and Curator Proposals
Box13 Artspace is currently accepting proposals for the 2010 calendar year (January, May, July, September, November 2010) for exhibitions in its two downstairs galleries (~1000 sf each), the window box gallery, and an upstairs gallery. Media artists interested in the Green BOX should contact Michael Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Artists and curators are invited to submit recent (or proposed) experimental works not previously shown in Houston.
Exhibition and performance proposals will be reviewed and selections made by a committee of artist resident members of BOX 13 and potentially guest curator(s) for exhibitions/performances.
BOX 13 will accept proposals twice per year to discuss and make programming decisions for the BOX for no more than 18 months into the future from the meeting date. The next upcoming submission deadline for review is October 16, 2009. This is a postmark date.
BOX exhibition/performance space floor plans can be viewed and downloaded as pdf.
All proposals must be submitted in digital format on CDs and DVDs only. Additionally all requested material may be posted to a single page on a website and the link may be submitted. No paper materials will be reviewed. The BOX is committed to the reducing our environmental impact when possible and streamlining the application and review process.
For more information, to make an appointment to view the galleries or to inquire about proposal drop off please email Elaine Bradford, our exhibition coordinator, at email@example.com.
1. Letter of intent or exhibition proposal in a Word document or PDF file. In 500 words or less. Please be sure to include:
a. Contact information
b. Title and description, concept and physical details
c. Requested gallery space and any requests for equipment or special installation requirements*
d. Any budgetary concerns*
*BOX 13 does not have a budget for assisting artists with expenses at this time..
2. Resumé(s) or CV(s) for all proposed participating artists each in its own Word document or PDF file.
3. Images. NO MORE THAN 15 digital images in jpg format. Numbers should be used in the file names beginning with 01.jpg. Each image must be 1MB or SMALLER. Any files not meeting these requirements may not be viewed when considering your proposal.
4. Video. Video samples may be submitted on DVD or CD. Videos must be ready to play on a computer using Windows Media Player or Quick Time.
5. Corresponding numbered list of submitted images and/or videos in a Word document or PDF file.
Submissions may be mailed to:
BOX 13 ArtSpace
Attn. Exhibition Proposal
6700 Harrisburg Blvd
Houston, TX 77011
BOX 13 Artspace
Address: 6700 Harrisburg Blvd, Houston, TX 77009
Gallery Hours: Saturdays, 1-5pm, and by appointment